Contracts & Agreements
Photo Session COntract
I require a photo session agreement for each photo session even if we’ve worked together before. This photo session contract shall be signed by you, the model, and me, the photographer, electronically prior to your photo session. Each model participating in the photo session must sign a contract.
The first time we work together, I require a photo ID, of which I will take a photo for my records. Federal or state-issued photo ID must be presented at the beginning of the photo session. Each model participating in the photo session must provide photo identification for age verification if it is her first time working with me.
Any model who refuses to sign a photo session agreement or present proper identification for age verification purposes shall have her photo session canceled.
If a model is scheduled to participate in a photo session with one or more other models, that model will not be permitted to participate in the photo session, but all models who do sign the contract and provide photo identification for age verification shall be allowed to participate in the photo session.
Models who do not sign the contract and/or do not present a photo ID for age verification shall not receive a refund for any payment, partial or in full, made previous to the start of the photo session.
My agreement is a standard agreement discussing the following:
- The agreement is between you, the model, and me, the photographer, for a photo session on the date identified within the agreement.
- Ownership and copyright of all photographs remain with me, the photographer, and copyrights cannot be sold or otherwise transferred without both of our written consents. This includes copyrights, publication rights, or any other intellectual rights, You, the model, do not own or hold the copyright to any photograph unless I sell or otherwise transfer ownership, copyrights, publication rights, or other intellectual property rights to you.
- If presented with the opportunity for publication in an online or offline publication, magazine, website, brochure, or any other kind of commercial publication, you, the model, or I, the photographer, must get written consent from the other, prior to submission for publication.
- Compensation for the photo session, whether you, the model, gets paid, I, the photographer, get paid, or it is a time for print, (TFP) agreement.
- I, the photographer, shall be credited on all photographs presented to the public, online or offline, as the photographer of the photographs.
- You, the model, are at least 18 years of age on the date of the photo session.
- You and I both agree not to present the other negatively to the public.
- If there is a dispute between us that we cannot work out together, the matter shall be settled by an arbitrator licensed in the State of Nevada.
- If any part of the contract is deemed unenforceable, the rest of the contract continues to be enforceable.
If we are shooting for a publication, you may also be required to complete and sign a model release for the publication.
Photographic Use Agreement
This agreement specifies, in detail, how I, the photographer, may use your photographs, as agreed upon by you, the model. In the agreement, you, the model, can allow or disallow any of the following:1, 3
- Photos may be used in my public portfolio on this website.
- Photos may be used in my online portfolios, such as Model Mayhem and Purple Port, which are viewable only by members of the websites.
- Photos may be used in public marketing materials, including, but not limited to, business cards, rack cards, flyers, posters, banners, social media posts, online advertising, including, but not limited to, Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Photos may be used in sample products viewable by the general public, such as at tradeshows.
- Photos may be used only in sample products viewable by clients in my studio.
- Photos may be submitted for digital and offline publication, provided you, the model, provide written consent. I, the photographer, shall provide you with the publication name, anticipated publication date, and the photos that will be submitted for publication prior to submission for publication so that you, the model, may make an informed decision.
- Photos may be used for pay-for-content sites, including, but not limited to, Patreon, Manyvids, OnlyFans, Images4Sale, Clips4Sale, AP Clips, and BentBox.
- If you do not wish to use your real name for any or all of the above, you may provide one or more pseudonyms for me to use when posting to social media.
- You may choose to allow me, the photographer, to only use photographs that do not show your face or other identifying features, such as tattoos, piercings, birthmarks, scars, etc.2
1 You must allow me to use your photos in some manner if you receive a free or TFP photo session. If you insist that I cannot use your photos for anything, you will be required to pay the session fee in force at the time of the photo session.
2 Limited to paid photo sessions only. If you received a free or TFP photo session, you will be required to pay the session fee in force at the time of the photo session.
3 If you were compensated for the photo session, I have the right to use any photo for any purpose.
You, the model, and I, the photographer, must sign this agreement after your photo session is complete.