We have a Rules of Conduct Agreement that clients must read and sign prior to the start of the photo session, and that they must adhere to at all times before, during, and after the photo session. Clients are responsible for educating their guests on these rules of conduct and are responsible for their guests’ behavior while in my studio. This article discusses them in plain English, more or less.
What You Can Expect from Us
These are rules that we feel all photographers should follow, but we follow them religiously because one or more of our photographers is male. We do not wish any of our male photographers to be labeled as one of those bad male photographers.
- We believe there is no reason any photographer needs to touch a client except when asked to help or to prevent injury. Therefore, We are NO TOUCH photographers. We will not touch clients unless they ask for help or we perceive clients may injure themselves. We won’t touch clients’ hair, jewelry, clothing, arms, legs, hands, feet, etc. We’ll ask their guest to do it. If clients need and ask for help, only then will we touch.
- We make sure clients know that they can say no to anything we ask them to do. We are not asking clients to do things for our pleasure. We ask because we know that these poses will flatter and accentuate clients’ body shapes, sizes, and curves. If clients are not comfortable with any pose we ask them to do, say something.
- We will demonstrate virtually every pose, the body language, and the emotions we want you to try, mostly because it’s faster and easier to show clients what we want them to do than try to explain it verbally. Our posing is likely to get at least a chuckle out of you. You’ll understand better when you shoot with us or see any of our behind-the-scenes videos. And you can still say no to anything we suggest.
- When you book, we ask you to fill out a comprehensive questionnaire. One of the questions asks you how much skin you wish to reveal, from fully clothed to showing everything off. This becomes your line in the sand, and we are fully aware of it. We will respect it. Only you can change that line, forward — more skin, or backward — less skin, at any time during the photo session. It’s totally 100% your choice. We may suggest getting out of your comfort zone (crossing your line). Not because we want to see you naked, but because we truly believe that clients get more out of their boudoir experience if they get out of their comfort zone and do something daring… something they never thought they could do. But, you can say no. We will not be offended or disappointed.
- We encourage clients to bring a guest. It can be your best friend, a male friend, a partner, a boyfriend/girlfriend, a spouse, or a life partner. Your guest may watch anything and everything, from the hair and makeup session to the photo session to the photo reveal following the photo session. They can even help out by holding reflectors, moving equipment, adjusting hair, clothing, jewelry, and/or body parts during the photo session if they want.
- We do take behind-the-scenes videos, mostly for our mutual security. But we may also use portions of the videos for marketing and to show prospective clients what it’s like to have her Boudoir Experience with me. If by chance, there is any nudity in the video, those parts are left on the cutting room floor.
- An occasional corny joke to get you to laugh. Movie quotes… we quote movies a lot!
What We Expect From You and Your Guest
- Be on time or a little early. When we say a little early, we don’t mean an hour or two early… we mean 15 minutes or less.
- No physical abuse, unwanted physical contact, sexual advances, and/or intentional inappropriate conduct.
- No aggressive or abusive behavior, including, but not limited to, shouting, personal insults, threatening language, bullying, self-bullying, and self-bashing.
- No discrimination, harassment, or otherwise disparaging remarks and comments as related to a protected characteristic under the Equality Act of 2010, including age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation.
- No discrimination, harassment, or otherwise disparaging remarks and comments toward or about LGBTQ+ persons, physically or mentally challenged persons, or any other behaviorally challenged persons.
- No comments, jokes, or body language that can be or are construed to be offensive or inappropriate by us or any other persons present before, during, or after your boudoir experience.
- No willful damage to Phantasy Photos LLC property and/or equipment or that of any other person present before, during, or after your boudoir experience.
- No theft of Phantasy Photos LLC property, business or personal, or that of any other person present before, during, or after your boudoir experience.
- No photography/videography of any kind by you or your guest before, during, or after your boudoir experience. You, and only you, may take a couple of selfies during session breaks.
Consequences of Non-Compliance with these Rules
- At our discretion, if you break any of the rules, we may terminate your boudoir experience. If applicable, you will not receive reimbursement for time not used. If by contract, you are to receive photos, you will receive the number of photos stated in the contract provided we have taken enough quality photos to fulfill the contract. If we have not taken enough quality photos to fulfill the contract, you will receive the quality photos we did take. Photos will not be edited.
- You may terminate your boudoir experience if you feel we have broken any rule or otherwise made you feel uncomfortable, threatened, coerced, pressured, or manipulated at any time during your boudoir experience. If applicable, you will receive a full refund and all quality photos as stated in the contract. Photos will be edited unless you waive editing, in which case you shall receive your photos before you leave. If we have not shot enough quality photos to fulfill the contract, you shall receive all quality photos taken. No products shall be ordered unless you agree to not receive a refund.
- If you or your guest violates the no photo/video rule, you or your quest shall be required to delete the photos/videos completely from the device (phones and tablets included) while observed by a company representative. You or your guest will also be required to prove that no photos were uploaded to any cloud storage server, including, but not limited to, Google Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, Box, or an FTP site.
- If we ask you and/or your guest to leave the session location for violating any rule, and you and/or your guest refuse, we reserve the right to call law enforcement or security officials to remove you and/or your guest from the session location.
- If you damage the session location and/or our equipment, you shall be required to pay the replacement and/or repair costs. You will be invoiced. Failure to pay may result in legal action.
- If it is determined that you or your guest have stolen property, business or personal, law enforcement officials will be summoned to take our statement and theft charges will be pressed.
None of this has happened while we have been in business, and we don’t expect anything discussed in this article to occur, but these rules are in place to protect not only us but also you.