Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Do I use ‘cookies’?
I may also use an advertising plugin to serve ads, primarily my own ads and announcements. The advertising plugin I may use tracks the number of times an ad is displayed and any clicks on those ads.
I have implemented the following:
I, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and/or other third-party cookies and identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to my website.
Do Not Track
How does my site handle Do Not Track signals?
I honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does my site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that I do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
- I do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. In addition, I do not specifically market to children under the age of 18 years old.
- I do not allow third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins, to collect PII from children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices I will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- I will notify you via email within 7 business days.
- I will notify users via in-site notification within 7 business days.
- I also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
I collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Market to my mailing list or continue to send emails to my clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, I agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way, when appropriate.
- Include the physical address of my business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Date Review and Removal
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
- If you subscribed to one or more of my newsletters, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email; My email list system will promptly and automatically remove you from the newsletters or all newsletters as you specify.
- If you created an account on my website (to complete my online Dream Experience Planner or make a purchase), you can sign in and edit or remove any Personally Identifiable Information. To close your account and remove your personally identifiable information and other data, you can email me and I will delete your account within 7 business days.
- If you filled out a form on my website and you wish to have that information removed, such as a testimonial or review. you can email me and I will delete your information within 7 business days.